This was another relatively boring week, although they do seem to be moving along at a quicker pace now. That is reassuring.
I saw the doctor today and she basically said my ultrasound was normal, the baby's growth is normal and the baby's heartbeat was in the 150's, which is normal. Next appointment: 4 weeks. Exciting things to look forward to: gestational diabetes test and probably other random tests. The gestational diabetes test is the one where you drink the orange gooey drink. An improvement over my last pregnancies - my doctor gave me the drink today in a glass bottle, and I brought it home with me to drink 30 minutes before my next appointment. For my last two pregnancies, I've always had to pick it up the day before.
I am now finding pregnant friends to compare with. I think I've found 3 women I know who are currently pregnant and due within 4 weeks after my due date. That's kind of fun.
My wedding ring is getting tight, which means my hands must be swelling a little bit. It feels tighter than previous pregnancies (I've never taken my ring off), but that might be just because it was so loose before, after I lost pregnancy weight. Anyway, I'm getting used to it.
I think I'm also retaining water in my feet, as they seem much, much wider than normal. Either that, or all styles of white shoes and sandels this year have been made for people with extremely narrow feet. I was unable to find white shoes of any kind to wear on Easter Sunday, but compensated nicely. I was a little disappointed, since shoes are usually the one thing I can stock up on during a pregnancy. However, I did find a couple of pair of flip flops that I think I could live in for the summer.
Oh, the baby heater is starting to kick in. Well, it started to kick in a couple of weeks ago, and now it is consistently making my body temperature noticibly different than my family's. I am content with a much cooler environment. This could make for a very long, very hot summer.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment