The kids love the song "I'll Fly Away", especially the Jars of Clay version. I think it started a couple of months ago when we sang this song in church. Sydney is in the congregation for the singing portion, and this was a song that she caught the chorus to quickly. Then, we put the Jars of Clay Redemption Songs CD in our car, and she taught the chorus to Isaiah. Now, whenever it is in the car, the kids always ask for the "I'll Fly Away" song, and then they sing it at the top of their lungs.
They also love "Nothin' But the Blood", which is track #5 (right after "I'll Fly Away") on the same CD. One day, Isaiah was telling me about the different colors in the wordless book and Sydney was filling in where he couldn't remember (they are learning about the wordless book in Mighty Mites, the kids' program during our Sunday night service). Then, "Nothin' but the Blood" came on, and Isaiah caught on right away when they said "white as snow" and exclaimed, "that's just like the wordless book!" Too funny. He is catching a lot of words to both songs, though, so he must have a good ear.
So, want your kids to learn hymns with a beat? Check out Redemption Songs by Jars of Clay.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment