Wednesday, April 08, 2009

22 Weeks

I should mention that although I am always updating my pregnancy news in the middle of the week, I actually change weeks on Sundays. So, by the time you guys get the news, I'm actually halfway through that week. Not that it matters...much. Sometimes it takes me that long to think of something to write about.

I have definitely grown this week. I had to give up my medium jeans, but luckily have tons of large jeans. Most of them fit nicely now. Even though most of my small tops still fit, I am working into medium and some small-fitting large tops. This weekend, when we got the spring snow, I was thankful that I had a couple of sweaters to wear...that actually fit! That will probably be the only time I get to wear them this pregnancy, though.

My major concerns - an Easter dress and outfit for the banquet - have been resolved by my sister-in-law, Chasity, who lent me a bunch of her maternity stash. She has a super cute dress that fits nicely for me to wear this coming Sunday. I am going to wear a white sweater with it, since it's sleeveless, but that's just an old sweater that I had (non-maternity). I don't have white sandals, but...not sure what I'm going to do about that yet. I was shoe shopping online and found some cute ones. Maybe if I make it to the mall, I'll see if they actually look good on my feet.

Weight gain is again, hard to tell, because of our scale acting up. I think it's around 13 lbs., which is right on target.

I am getting antsy to get to some garage sales and round up clothes for this little man! I have been doing my fair share of getting the big items that I need as well, mostly off of Craigslist. I am looking for a crib mattress, and have a lead on one. I got super cute (super expensive) Amy Coe crib bedding last week for only $15. I also got a little bath thingy for him, but might need an actual baby bath tub, too. It's crazy how much stuff these babies use! I have already decided against a full-size swing or high chair - just takes up too much space. I am considering a travel-size swing and will opt for a high chair seat that can sit on a regular chair...but we won't need that for awhile.

So, pretty boring update this week. He's moving more, but still not all the time. It's not uncomfortable yet!

1 comment:

Carrie and Mike said...

OK so my week changes on Saturdays so I get what you mean. I find it hard to write everyweek too, that's why I steal some info from my weekley baby e-mail! :) I am so jealous of your craigslist! Ours is still just getting started, I did get some Christmas lights off of it around Christmas time but so far that's all. I am waiting until after the shower to buy any "big" things. My mom got us the carseat,stroller, and play yard from Chicco. They all match are and are great for a little boy (or girl for next time!) I know you only get one shower but I think you should get to have a "re-shower" where people bring you either used or new things that you need. That's just my opinion though!