Tuesday, May 13, 2008

OCA Walk-A-Thon

These pictures got stuck on my camera for awhile, but we went to the OCA Walk-A-Thon Fundraiser on April 23rd. I took the kids and we walked a couple of laps, enjoyed the free lunch, free carnival games, and free concession food (cotton candy!) and then flew kites. The kids did relatively well, considering they had a more energetic day then normal and they had to give up their naps. :)
Sydney biting into her first taste of cotton candy - yum! Surprisingly, Isaiah didn't care for it too much.

The kids entertained themselves with the wire fence for awhile, bouncing it up and down.


Then they went underneath it...

And then they straddled the curb and walked in a line.


This was quite entertaining.

Someone dumped the ice from all the coolers that were holding the pop during lunch. Well, what a great play idea! Ice on the cement/grass on a warm spring day.

The kids enjoyed this carnival game - pick a duck and you win a prize! But, then the game closed and the kids thought it would be fun to splash around with the ducks.

They did this while Ryan was in the dunk "shower" booth.

Our kites from Dollar Tree didn't work well, but luckily we had picked up some scented bubbles there, too! It was so windy that the kids just dipped their wands in the bubbles and held their hands up in the air - the wind did all the work and made a ton more bubbles than we could have! Some other elementary kids even came and joined us.

By the way, this was the first burn of the summer. Luckily, I got it way worse than the kids did. However, at least my arms aren't pasty white anymore. And I'm hoping they inherited enough of Ryan's skintone so that they aren't a burn hazard like I am. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy, it's so great to see a picture of you! You look great. :) And of course I love seeing how your kiddos are growing too.

J. Folken said...

Hmmm...I guess I don't get behind the camera very often, either! :)

marnmic said...

I love these pics. It's fun to watch kids entertain themselves, with whatever is around.
But Isaiah not like cotton candy? What's up with that? :-)