Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Congratulations, Luke!!

Well, since I'm late in posting this, Luke is already in Germany. I guess he'll have to wait until he gets back to see it.

We all met in Ames on Friday night and stayed in Memorial Union (a kind of hotel-like atmosphere on campus). Jeremy & Janelle got a flat tire going east on I-80, just past exit 29 (you know, the one where there's a gas station with an A&W Root Beer attached, but nothing else). They tried to jack up the car, but it was on uneven ground and the car fell on their jack and broke it. Awhile later, a Christian guy stopped - he had a much better jack - and helped them change their tire. They were on the road again, hoping to get to Atlantic where there was a truck stop (night life), and they could possibly get a new tire. Nope! They made it to Avoca...and they thought their doughnut tire was going flat.


View Larger Map


Well, Dad & Luke road tripped it out to Avoca (a 2+ hour drive) to get them and bring them back to Ames. They must have gotten to bed around 2:30 or 3:00, but they were up bright and early for the ceremony at 9:00 a.m. (Coffee was provided in the rooms.)



View Larger Map

Other than that, the pictures pretty much tell the story. Look on!

We've all graduated - yea!! (Yes, Janelle and Jeremy are holding the same diploma because she forgot hers in their car when they left it in Avoca.)

2nd Generation ISU Graduate - Luke Iseminger

Future ISU grads? We'll see!

I guess they have a little maturing to do. :) This is how we get them to take nice pictures - promise that they can take a "silly picture" next. Right now, "silly" simply means sticking out your tongue. I'm sure it will include other things in the future.

Order of graduation - Janelle Sander (May 2005), Joy Folken (March 2008), Luke Iseminger (May 2008)

Sydney modeling with a yellow daffodil that she picked (probably illegally) off of the ISU campus. I so want one of these purple-flowering trees in our front yard!

After pictures? Off to Battle's Barbeque, in Campustown.

Isaiah enjoyed playing with the straw in his cup.

Even though it wasn't that warm out, we thought we were going to have to eat outside because it was packed! This is the before-meal conversation (guys only).

When we did make it inside, Sydney & Isaiah got their own table. :)

Anyway, when Luke gets back from Germany, he's supposed to be doing an internship through UNL (University of Nebraska - Lincoln) somewhere within an hour of Omaha. Maybe we'll get to see him this summer!

3 comments:

Susan Kauffman said...

Yay! How exciting! I still can hardly believe that Luke has graduated from college. I'm really starting to feel old. Especially now that I'm officially "flirting with 30".
Oh yea, have I mentioned that ISU rocks?!

marnmic said...

Great pics and great post. I love the graduates with all their diplomas. How exciting. That was a great idea for a pose!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy! Just a quick note to say congrats on everyone's accomplishments! :) I know it is a huge relief when it is done! Real quick, need you to call me about Adina's visit - 502-9025 - have planning details etc to run by you and I lost your number!! I know I am horrible!

Talk to you soon,
Whitney