
Ryan writing:
Was doing some research on the GARBC and in their doctrinal statement, they write the following:
XVI. Separation
We believe in obedience to the Biblical commands to separate ourselves unto God from worldliness and ecclesiastical apostasy. 2 Corinthians 6:14–7:1; 1 Thessalonians 1:9, 10; 1 Timothy 6:3-5; Romans 16:17; 2 John 9-11.
I guess this has been a sore point between me and the GARBC. In essence I agree, if a church is in massive theological liberalism, way off the beaten path, it is difficult to see how there could be a whole lot of unity.
However, the GARBC uses this to divide from believers who agree wholeheartedly in the cardinal doctrines of the faith, but differ in practice. Sometimes they forget John 17:11, where we are to be unified under Christ. Indeed, this was His prayer.
I think it's even more interesting that in the above, I state, "they forget John 17:11." It's this bugging idea in my mind that I am not GARBC in this particular spirit.
*Picture: Doug McLachlan, retired pastor of Fourth Baptist, Church in Plymouth, MN, preaches on “A Church for Postmodern Times.”*
(He's apparently wearing clothes designed to illustrate how not to reach postmoderns? :)
1 comment:
I don't know who this man is in the picture, and I mean no disrespect but he looks constipated.
Post a Comment