Sunday, March 02, 2008

I Love Handwriting Fonts!

I've been furiously working to get done with my 2005 scrapbook. Well, it was a New Year's Resolution to get it done, and I'm actually way ahead of schedule, as it's only 8 weeks into the new year. Anyway, I do a lot of journaling for my scrapbook on the computer. I know, I know. Isn't journaling about doing it in your own handwriting? Well, I do try to put a significant amount of journaling in my own handwriting, especially after what Adina told me. But, in some cases, it's just easier to computerize it. You can fit more in a smaller amount of space. The computer even prints it straight so you don't have to redo it! Sometimes it just makes more sense.

But I do love handwriting fonts. I don't really like Lucida Handwriting; it's overused. And I'm getting tired of Bradley Hand ITC, too. So, my husband (Mr. Yearbook Extroardinaire) referred me to dafont.com, which has literally hundreds of fonts to choose from. And a ton of them are handwriting fonts! The best part? They're all free. Check it out for yourself!

1 comment:

marnmic said...

I just looked around a little bit on this site and I am amazed! Thanks for sharing this. I look forward to working on my scrapbook more. It's about time for me to order pictures again, so I will need to crop and work on lay out. This will be an invaluable tool. Also, I'm wondering about changing the size of my albums to the smaller page. I like your reasoning for a smaller album. Last year's scrapbooks for the grandmother's were very quick projects, but I want this year's to be much more original. So, thanks for all these ideas!