Thursday, March 20, 2008

Apply to Feet

I got an e-mail at the beginning of the winter season that suggested a remedy for kids coughing in the night - put Vicks vapo rub on their feet (as this is a very porous part of the body) and keep socks on them during the night. Well, I'm here to say it works. Two nights ago, I got up with Isaiah 4 times during the night (once every 3-4 hours). I gave him cough medicine each time. We let him sleep with a cup in his room to help him avoid the wretched hacking. Last night, I used the Vicks vapo rub strategy. Did I get up with Isaiah at all? Nope. And his cough has severly diminished today.

Vicks vapo rub (or baby rub). It's a must-have for your medicine cabinet.

4 comments:

marnmic said...

this does work. I tried it too. I love this! Mickey says it's a witch doctor thing and laughs at me, but it works and Maddie knows it works too!

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

You are the second person who has mentioned this this week. Hopefully I will remember it when I need it!

Anne

J. Folken said...

Well, hopefully if you have to get up with your child 4 or 5 times in one night, the idea will come back to you. That's what happened to me! :)

Anonymous said...

Works in our family! All ages use this remedy - Daddy included!