When we lived in Arkansas, we lived in the same apartment set as Dave & Jackie. They are some of our dearest and closest friends from Arkansas. In fact, Jackie and I still talk quite frequently on the phone.
Dave is a poet (and he knows it) and recently put this to rhyme. Since it's about me, he said I could post it on my blog.
Joyful Poetry By Dave Wayne
Oh, I’ve writ about the Folkens,
An’ how they left Forrest City,
It got a lot more lonesome here,
An’ their leavin’ seemed a pity.
Now, I must write a few more lines,
Agin in this poetic game,
This time, old pard, about dear Joy,
Fer there’s poetry in her name!
She’s one of the nicest women,
Jackie an’ I hev ever known,
She’s like a breath of fresh spring air,
Whenever the chilly winds moan.
There’s deep joy in her caring voice,
Each time to Jackie thet she talks,
Why, there’s even joy in her step,
Whenever she joyfully walks.
Why, she could even bring sweet joy,
To the most hard-hearted stranger,
She made me feel much better,
When my heart broke over Ranger.
An’ this is her dear time of year,
Fer yu’ll see her name every where,
Reminding us of the great joy,
Found in Jesus’ loving care.
Each time I say her name I hear,
“Joy to the world, the Lord is come!”
Another bit of poetry,
Found in a woman so wholesome.
Yu’ll find her name on Christmas cards,
An’ hung upon the Christmas tree,
Spreading Christmas joy like she does,
An’ reminding all of jest how,
A Christian woman’s heart should be!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment