I don't know how it happened, but back in the day when I first started working a full-time job, I started getting V8 Splash once in awhile. It's good stuff, but it was a little pricey for my budget. So, I cut back to getting it only when I was sick or could feel something coming on. This worked wonders for my immune system. I always attributed my quick health turnaround to the V8 Splash that I would chug when I started feeling a little under-the-weather, but I wondered if it was all in my head.
For the past couple of days, I have not been feeling good. I have had a fever (never bothered to check how high it was) and achy body. I was desperately praying for recovery, as we are having company for a couple of days and then taking a weekend trip. I was taking ibuprofin every 4 hours, but that just didn't seem to cut it.
Today my aches went away and my fever broke, but then I think it came back. I was still very low on energy, but I mustered what little I had and took the kids grocery shopping, as it was a necessity. I splurged $1.98 on a bottle of V8 Splash. After only 3 glasses, I feel like a new woman! I have more energy than I've had in days (though not 100%) and have been very productive in getting ready for our guests. So, I would encourage everyone to try the fusion of fruit and vegetable juices when they feel something coming on. It's better to pay $1.98 than a co-pay at the doctor's office.
3 years ago
4 comments:
Amazing!! I'm going to try it! Jeremy always gives me a hard time because I always take (or prescribe to my family) water, water, water, and if it is a throat thing, gargle and rinse with salt water (warm water mixed with a few sprinkles of salt). I'll try this one on him next time - he won't know what to do when I suggest he drink a V8! T
It is good stuff. I've never tried drinking it when sick...I should do that sometime, thanks for the tip.
Hey Joy,
Good to hear from you! Loving the V8 idea, Ian is adament about taking Vit C when we start to feel under the weather! :) Definately have to get together this month, I don't have a whole lot going on only trying to organize for the move and doing some computer file cleanup stuff....Call me when you have a minute and we can figure out when to get together.
Love
Whit
Okay, so Jeremy tried it, and he said he felt better pretty much immediately - hey, even if it is only psychological, it worked! Thanks for all your great ideas! I know my new friends here are sick of hearing about you. . .I keep mentioning your good ideas, about stain-removing, garage "sailing" grocery shopping and thrifty once-a-month-cooking!
Post a Comment