Monday, February 26, 2007

"What are you guys doing up at two-thirty in the morning?"

This is exactly what I said to our dear children when I entered their room at 2:28 a.m. I actually woke up to the sound of their laughter. When I opened the door, Sydney was standing by Isaiah's crib and they were looking at each other through the bars and laughing! Yes, it was cute as could be, but I gave them a warning and actually had to return to give spankings. If we had a closet between the bedrooms, I'm sure they could have as much early morning fun as their hearts desire. But I need my sleep!

I woke up again at 3:59 a.m. to the sound of "Mommy!" coming from Sydney. She had actually been looking at books for an hour and a half in the middle of the night! She had some concerns that her head hurt and her neck hurt. So, I gave her the best mommy advice that I know how - "Lay down and go to sleep. Your neck and head will feel better when you wake up."

No comments: