Saturday, February 17, 2007

Once A Month Cooking (Club)

Today was the trial episode of our Once A Month Cooking Club, started by my friend Adina. In order for you to understand what we were doing, let me start with some definitions:

once a month cooking - when a woman/family sets aside one day a month to prepare 30 meals for freezing
cooking club - when several women partner together to cook meals for their families
once a month cooking club - several women get together to cook 30 meals on one day and also trade prepared meals and recipes

So, I guess what we really did was a modified once a month cooking club, because we only prepared 10 meals each. No, it's not as crazy as it sounds. We each only prepared 5 different meals and just made double batches of them - in half a day. Maybe I was crazy because I made 8 chicken meals and 2 beef. :) However, the important thing is that we survived and had fun.

More to come on this. Is it cheaper? Is it a time-saver? What will our husbands think of the results? I had a blast, so I hope we get to do it again. :)

No comments: