I had planned to get an update in earlier than now, but time gets away from you. Especially when you're busy, like I am being responsible for 3 kids.
Micah is doing great. We took him to the doctor this month and got the growth update - he is 14 lbs. 13 oz., which is the 51st percentile, and 26 3/4 inches long, which is in the 96th percentile! Sydney and Isaiah ran right along the 25th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for length, so Micah is quite a bit larger than they were. I had noticed that Micah was starting to outgrow his baby carrier, which I was planning on using until he was 6 months (because I did with Sydney and Isaiah), but his feet are literally hanging off the end. Since he doesn't really need anything else, he is going to get a convertible car seat for Christmas. I also had not planned on having to bundle him up because he had that nice car seat cover, so I had to go out and get a fleece snowsuit-type of thing at a consignment store. Because of his length, Micah is fitting very well into 3-6 month clothing. I'm not sure how long they will last, actually.
Micah is a great sleeper. I don't have him on a regular nap schedule yet, but he does sleep very well at night. I still try to put him to bed around 9:00 or 9:30 and he usually sleeps until at least 7:00 a.m. That is super nice for me. Because of this progression, we are planning to move Isaiah into Micah's room after Christmas or at the beginning of the new year. The "boy room" has pretty much been cleaned out, except for the closet, so now the boys can learn to adjust to each other.
I did finally get a real baby bathseat for Micah. It's kind of a mesh seat thing with a pillow on it. Micah enjoys bathtime, I think. He never smiles during bathtime, but is not upset, either. He is always very happy when I take him out and cuddle him in his towel.
Micah has been developing cradle cap for quite a few weeks now, and just in the past day or so it has become full-blown. I think cradle cap is disguisting, but have had to deal with it on every one of my babies. So, here we go again!
Micah still likes his swing and the bouncer. He has started to grab the handles of his toys hanging from his bouncer, and he can pull the one toy and make it sing songs. Micah can scoot himself around in a circle on the floor. One day, I came up from doing laundry in the basement, and Micah had scooted himself all the way under the bottom shelf of the coffee table, which he barely fit under! He was crying, of course, because he couldn't figure out how to get out of that predicament. Sometimes when he's crying at night, we go in his room to find that he's scooted himself all the way to the upper headboard of his crib. One time, he had turned himself 90 degrees and was stuck width-wise in the crib.
The next thing Micah is supposed to learn is how to roll over, but that hasn't happened yet. He can get himself all the way up on his side, and I think he's the only one of our babies to learn to do that. He just hasn't figured out how to go the last little bit yet. I think it's quite funny, because sometimes he gets really upset because he wants to roll over (also the first of our kids to desire this). I usually push him over the last little bit, and he is very happy to be on his tummy for awhile. I guess I've done pretty well giving him tummy time, since he is happy that way, and can also hold his head up 90 degrees while on his tummy.
Micah also started cereal this month, just the day before his doctor's appointment. He did great, the best out of all the kids. Sydney and Isaiah never took to cereal very well, and Isaiah especially had an aversion to any new kind of food for about the first year or 18 months. Micah, however, seems to love anything new in the food arena. I started with one serving of 1 T of cereal with 4 T of formula, but am now giving him one serving of 2 T of cereal with 5 T of formula. I really should break it into more servings, but it feels like I would miss at least one every day anyway. I really need to slow down. Micah is still drinking about 24-28 oz. of formula/day, but I think he is going to increase that soon. He doesn't really have a schedule except that he usually drinks 12 oz. by noon, and then 12-16 oz. from noon-bedtime.
Hopefully I'll get back for an update sooner rather than later.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment