Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Micah Ittai - 1 Month

I cannot believe Micah is 1 month old today! It's crazy how quickly the time is passing as we just go day by day.

*I did finally get Micah to latch on to a pacificer! It's the Gerber NUK, which is the kind all my kids have used. I guess it's really true what they say about its shape.

*Perhaps the most fun thing that happened this week is that Micah started cooing! I love the coos. They make it all worthwhile.

*Micah also started smiling this week! It's not very often, and I'm not really sure if he knows he's doing it, but he is smiling...not in his sleep.

*Micah has started rolling a little bit - a couple of times he's rolled from his back to his side. This doesn't really count as "rolling", but he is moving some.

*The kid is definitely gaining weight. He has pretty much outgrown all his newborn clothes, but a lot of the 0-3 month clothes are still rather large on him. If I pick selectively, there are a few sleepers that fit him well right now.

I am still waking up about 1-2 times/night with him. The hardest part of getting him to bed is getting him to go to sleep the first time. I am usually up between 2-3 a.m. with him, and then he wakes up again around 6-6:30.He doesn't eat as much at night as during the day, so hopefully we'll be able to eliminate that feeding soon anyway.

The kids still love him and are obsessed with talking to him every minute they can. Just wait until he can interact...

No comments: