Friday, August 14, 2009

Micah Ittai - 1 Week

Well, this blog is replacing the handwritten journal that I usually keep for my kids, so I'm going to try to write weekly and/or monthly for awhile to keep up with Micah's accomplishments.

Micah attended church for the first time on his 1 week birthday (Sunday, August 9th). We also dedicated him to God, led by Pastor Yeich, who will be retiring from our church at the end of August. We were really excited to be able to dedicate him, as we missed the opportunity to do this formally with Isaiah.

Micah had one good night during his first week, sleeping in 2 shifts of 3 hours each. The first half of the week we stayed in the hospital, which meant that Ryan and I got terrible sleep. Micah seemed to do just fine. When we got home, it seemed that he wanted to feed about every 3 hours during the day and every 1 1/2-2 hours at night. I didn't get much sleep.

In the hospital, Micah did not cry during all major invasions on his body (circumcision, needle pokes, etc.), but wailed every time someone changed his diaper or his clothes. He is a modest child.

There were a couple of days that Micah stayed awake for periods of 1 1/2 hours up to 3 hours. This was a lot of fun for us to bond with him.

We took Micah to the doctor on Friday of his first week. He was discharged from the hospital at 6 lbs. 15 oz., so he only lost 3 oz. At the doctor's office, he was back up to birthweight at 7 lbs. 2 oz. I guess he doesn't have any problems getting enough to eat!

Micah looks exactly like Isaiah when he was a baby, except Micah has slightly less hair, it is slightly lighter, and he has Sydney's nose. But he looks so much like Isaiah that Ryan called him Isaiah for the first day that we were home. And I have to admit that I've called him Isaiah a few times myself...

1 comment:

marnmic said...

He's a great baby!