Monday, June 01, 2009

30 Weeks!

I have made it 3/4 of the way through the pregnancy! This is a great milestone for me. These last 10 weeks have been long, but probably the most exciting part so far.

I guess the only really "new" information is that the baby is moving so much. He is pretty calm during the day, with only a poke here or there, and a lot of times it is internal...just squishing my lungs or bladder. He has been most active between 9-10 p.m. I'm not sure if that's because I am winding down for the day or what, but he pretty much has a blast for about an hour when I'm getting ready to go to bed at night. He is usually somewhat active when I wake up in the morning, too, between 5:30-6:00. If he is being active at night...I'm lucky enough to be sleeping through it right now.

I have 3 projects that I'm working on, hoping to get done by the time Mr. Baby comes to join us. They are:

1. Potty Training Isaiah: This is going really well, and I think we'll have it mostly in hand by the time the baby comes. It seems like Isaiah has a few really good days, and then if he has an accident one day, he usually keeps having them. I try to remember to ask him if he needs to go often, and let him choose whether to actually go or not. I make him go before we leave for someplace, and he's able to make it for a few hours at a time then (usually with liquid restriction). I also make him go before nap, and sometimes he even had a dry diaper after 2 hours. So...I think Isaiah is doing a great job, and with more practice, it will only get better.

2. Lord of the Rings Cross-Stitch: Well, I finished the 5 colors I had, and made a trip to Hobby Lobby to get the next 6. These colors will have anywhere between 500-700 stitches each, but I am working my way down. Each color is taking less and less time, and there are a bunch that only have around 100 stitches each. The part I'm worried about is going back through the cross-stitch when I have completed all the colors and looking for squares that I've missed and figuring out what color goes there. Oh...and hoping that my pattern holds up until the end.

3. The Boy Room: This is the project I have done the least on, and will probably do the most on in the next few weeks. There are a few things that I personally cannot do, so...we'll see when they can get done. There is some furniture in the room that has to be moved out - one piece that I can move downstairs, one piece that I will need help moving downstairs, and two pieces that someone needs to come pick up. After that, there is a door that I want removed and replaced with drywall; however, this might not get done until after the baby is born, as we might need help on this project as well. After that, it's simply cleaning and rearranging.

Part of the problem is that our basement needs to be rearranged at the same time to accomodate the furniture we're moving down there and other changes. So...it's difficult to decide what to tackle first.

I have a doctor's appointment next week, and then I will start going every 2 weeks, probably so she can check my progress. The big question is...will my body finally realize, with my 3rd pregnancy, when to induce itself? I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

D.L. Folken said...

Doing 500-700 with one color sounds like it would take a very long time. Hope you are able to finish before the baby moves out!

ZDENNY