Thursday, April 02, 2009

21 Weeks

Well, midway through 20 weeks, we had an ultrasound done. They were able to tell us that we're having another...boy! Sydney was a little disappointed, and it took her a few days to get over not having a girl, but Isaiah was pretty excited about it. Both the kids went with us to the ultrasound and were able to see the baby at some different angles before they got bored and looked at the books that we were thoughtful enough to bring.
As I predicted, knowing what I am having makes it much harder to resist all the cute baby clothes at consignment sales. I did pick up a few gowns and newborn onesies. Luckily, they are mostly selling very spring/summer clothing now (lightweight) and I am looking for heavier weight for the winter, so I can be pretty picky. Plus, I am not willing to succumb to the $4+/outfit price tag on a lot of things.
The good thing about having a boy is that Ryan and I fully agreed on the name. Now he's trying to change the middle name, probably just to spice things up. And no, we will not tell his name until he is born. But it is fun to think of him by his name, instead of just as an "it" or even just as a boy.
Other than that, there's not too much to report. My weight gain remains steady at 11 lbs. I really should check and see how close to "normal" (or rather, "desired") that is. Some people comment that I don't even look pregnant, which is not true. What they may mean is that I don't look like I'm going to burst yet, and I should hope not! I still have a long, hot summer to get through.

My breathlessness is still around, but not quite as prominent as it was before. I am still trying to eat a lot of fruit, and that has probably helped my weight gain.

I have noticed my shoes becoming a bit uncomfortable. I guess my feet are swelling or growing. I don't really remember this happening in the other two pregnancies, but I know that it can (according to books). I just hope they go back to normal afterwards! I am due for a new pair of tennis shoes this fall when they go on sale after Thanksgiving, so I am going to just make do until then. Sandal weather will be here soon and then my feet can have a little more room.

My biggest problem right now is coming up with a semi-formal dress to wear for Easter and the CEF fundraising banquet that I am helping to plan. I don't want anything knit (too informal), but most of the other material does not look fantastic on me. Not to mention that most of the dresses are black, which I don't like for Easter and doesn't look good with my skin tone anyway. I tried some on at Motherhood yesterday, but I rejected them all. So...I guess we'll have to wait and see. I did get a black skirt at a consignment sale that I could dress up a bit with a nice top, but that's probably my last resort.

Here are a few pictures from the ultrasound:

No comments: