Monday, March 23, 2009

20 Weeks

Well, I'm finally halfway to birth! This first half has felt very long for me, though things have been speeding up here recently. I think part of the problem was that I found out so early (I didn't know I was pregnant with Sydney for 2 months) and it was barely winter, so we stayed home a lot and didn't have much on our schedule. Now the weeks seem to be speeding up with all the things on our Spring agenda.

The biggest thing I've noticed this week is the disruption in my sleeping schedule. I haven't had to get up in the middle of the night as much anymore, but now I'm waking up super early. First it was 5:50, then 5:40, then 5:30, and this morning it was 4:30. I'm still hoping to go back to bed and get another precious hour in before the kids wake up, but...I just have to say that it's getting a little ridiculous! I'm sure it's my body trying to kick in and get me used to having less sleep so that I'll be prepared for those sleepless nights coming up. I have also been trying to do without an afternoon nap, unless absolutely necessary. But all these early mornings are making it absolutely necessary.

I am feeling the baby move more often now, usually still when I'm laying or sitting down. It's not annoying me yet, because it still has plenty of room to move around.

The doctor asked me to schedule an ultrasound appointment for this week, so I am going to do that today. I am really hoping they will be able to tell me what this baby is so that I can start shopping for it! I actually have clothes in the basement already for boy or girl, and will move them up as soon as I know which dresser to use.

Clothes, clothes...more and more of my maternity clothes are fitting better, but the weather is also getting nicer, so I'm going to have to see what I have in the way of spring/summer clothing. Usually, during my pregnancies I try to focus on getting new shoes, because I know it's something I'll at least be able to wear after I have the baby as well. This year I really need some white and brown dress sandals, so I'll be searching for those. I also have a nice banquet coming up, which I am helping at, so I am looking for a nicer, modest maternity dress that won't break the bank. I have some prospects, but something about me being pregnant makes my aversion to dresses all the greater.

I've been trying to get back in the habit of buying fresh fruit. I got apples and bananas this week, but some of the apples were not good. Grapes were also not good, and that's why I didn't get any. Bummer. I might have to switch over to carrots and broccoli.

It's a little difficult to judge my weight gain, as our scales has a crack in it and I think that is affecting its accuracy. However, I am somewhere around 9-10 pounds weight gained. That's perfectly fine with me.

No comments: