Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pregnancy Number Three

For those of you who are not family, don't go to our church, and do not regularly check facebook...I am pregnant! Currently, I am about 11.5 weeks along, due August 9, 2009. I am hoping to keep a running record of progress on this blog, but...you never know.

Anyway, pregnancy is a lot of the reason I took a little hiatus - I felt like dirt for a few weeks. But now I'm back to at least feeling alive and semi-functional. So, back to life it is.

I have definitely felt the effects of this pregnancy sooner than either of my other pregnancies. When I got pregnant with Sydney, I was fortunate to not have to wear maternity clothes until I was 20 weeks (halfway) through the pregnancy. Though even small maternity tops are still huge on me, I did have to start wearing maternity jeans almost immediately, at about 6 or 7 weeks. That was crazy, but at least they are comfortable.

I remember during my pregnancy with Sydney, going home from work for my lunch break and crashing on the couch for an hour. Only until about 12 weeks, and I think part of that was because I was working overtime during the registration chaos. After that, I remember that I would wait until after work, and then when I got home I would crash on the bed while Ryan continued studying on the computer. This time, I am more tired. Whether this is because my job is more physically taxing (chasing after 2 kids all day) or because I am 6 years older, I have no idea. All I know is that after I put the kids down for naps most days, I am so sleepy that I feel like I'm drugged. Recently, I have been able to get through a few days without naps, and I think that's good progress.

I don't remember a whole lot about my pregnancy with Isaiah, and perhaps it's because my body was already in pregnancy mode. I was 6 weeks pregnant with him on Sydney's first birthday. I remember making treats for youth group that entire semester on Wednesday nights, taking full-time classes 2 days/week at North Platte Community College, and not feeling any more tired than normal. After I packed our entire house at 7 months and moved to a new location, I do remember having no energy every day, and not being about to go outside for fear of mosquitos swarming me and dying of Arkansas heat...right up until my due date.

So...we shall see what this pregnancy brings.

One other note is that we are planning to find out the baby's gender. I had considered not finding it out, just for fun (and since we have to do some sort of an adjustment no matter what it is). However, being that it is not due until August, we must know so that I can be prepared to take full advantage of the garage sale season. I plan to have a year's worth of clothes by the time the baby is born - I remember how fast they grow.

2 comments:

Adina Caskey said...

YEAH!!! Congrats girl!! Number three is SO much fun, and will make you fall in love all over again (I wondered if I could handle this again!) So so so excited for you all. . .and the fun garage sale stuff that comes with a new baby. Gotta' love it!

Susan Kauffman said...

Congrats!
New babies are such fun! I'm always glad when one of the sisters gets pregnant, cause that means there will be a baby around that I can cuddle up and not have to take home. :)