I think I've just had the most relaxing week since summer began. Ryan was working from home this week, and sometimes that throws me off kilter in my responsibilities. However, I was able to get all my housework done on the days I've assigned myself (with the exception of the ironing), plus do a little deeper cleaning than normal.
The kids have played extremely well together this week. I don't know if they've entered a new phase of play or what. They have a game where Isaiah can play with Lightning McQueen and Mater and somehow that works with Sydney's princesses. The princesses have been sharing their dresses this week, and that's been funny. I think Cinderella looks pretty washed out wearing Belle's dress, but Sleeping Beauty looks pretty good in blue.
I think the other contribution is that I've made an effort to stay home this week. Why do I have to go places, like the store? It seems that I get behind in my housework and then I'm stressed. How crazy.
I've also not done a lot of supper preparation this week. In fact, two nights we had breakfast for supper (pancakes one time and eggs/toast the other time). That makes for very simple preparation and clean-up.
I even got to go to garage sales yesterday! I've been taking a mid-summer break, as I usually do, but figured it was time to start back up and get the last deals of the summer before we hit the winter drought (of garage sales). I found a bunch of books for 25 cents each, some easy readers and some chapter books. A couple of studly sweaters for my studly son. And The Beginner's Bible, which was recommended to me as something good for Sydney to read through when she starts reading (soon, I hope). Normal price: $16.99. I paid $1 (and it's in like new condition).
And the perfect wrap-up? I made blueberry muffins for breakfast while Ryan mowed the lawn and the kids played outside. Now we're getting ready to watch my nephew play in his first soccer game this season.
If only I knew that all the weeks until Christmas would be this relaxing. But alas, I know they will not. That's why I simply treasure this week as it has gone by in slow motion.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment