Yesterday Ryan and I celebrated 9 years of marriage, and a total of 14 years knowing each other. We have officially known each other half of our lives at this point.
We were planning just a few hours out to dinner somewhere, but our family changed all that up for us. Denny and Chasity took Sydney and Isaiah to their house Wednesday night and kept them entertained for a full 24 hours. Denny & Chasity and Keith provided us with a gift card to a wonderful restaurant, Sullivan's Steakhouse, to give us a taste of the high life. I got to go shopping by myself in the morning, and then Ryan got off work at noon and we did some errands together. Then we got ready and went downtown Omaha for a night out.
There was live jazz while we were waiting in the bar area; I was bummed they didn't have that in the restaurant area. There are only 17 locations in the United States, so we felt pretty exclusive, having one in Omaha. Ryan got the small New York Strip Steak, of course, and I got Lemon Garlic Chicken. Both managers personally visited our table to compliment us on our 9 years of marriage, and they even gave us a complimentary souffle dessert.
To me, the surprise was really the highlight of the whole event. What a way to celebrate!
3 years ago
2 comments:
Congratulations! Nine years is quite an accomplishment. It's a testament to your love for each other and dedication to making your relationship work. Here's wishing you many more blessed years.
Congrats guys - we are at 9 years as well! Did you love the steakhouse - we haven't been there??? When you get time - I heard you are the lady to talk to about Joovy strollers - need some imput!! :)
Love
Whit
Post a Comment