I realize that this date is past, but I couldn't blog again without stopping to recognize this milestone in our lives. This is the date, one year ago, that we moved into our first house. Upon reflection, Ryan and I realized that the 12 month mark is significant, as it is greater than the amount of time we spent in more than 50% of our residences:
Oak Park, IL - 9.5 months (Joy), 6 months (Ryan)
Stickney, IL - 17.5 months
Des Plaines, IL - 5.5 months
Deerfield, IL - 23 months
Gothenburg, NE - 19 months
Forrest City, AR - 10.5 months
Papillion, NE - 11.5 months
As you can see, after an additional year in this current residence, we will surpass the time spent at every other residence we've lived.
To celebrate our 1-year-house-anniversary, we went on a date to Applebee's (with a gift certificate). Our kids were in York, NE, spending time with Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Janelle, so we didn't even have to get a sitter. We also spent the week of our 1-year-house-anniversary painting the kitchen...pictures to come when this project finally sees it's completion.
3 years ago
2 comments:
Congratulations! I would say that the one year mark is certainly worth recognizing. You are officially living the "American Dream".
One day I hope to own a home of my own. I know that day is still several years away, but it is a goal I hope to achieve.
That's great!!! I'm glad you guys like Omaha so much!!!
We are just glad to live near you guys wherever you are!!!
~Chas
Post a Comment