Monday, July 28, 2008

Henry Doorly Zoo 2008

This is the third time we've been to the zoo since moving to Omaha, but the first time I've splurged to actually go (meaning we didn't get in for free). I figured it would be good education, plus it's the last time Isaiah will get in for free. And I think it's mandatory to put out for one trip to the zoo every year, especially when the zoo is as good as ours is!

Sydney and Isaiah, pretending to be in jail at the dividers outside of the brand new butterfly pavilion. Sydney sitting in one of the new butterfly benches outside the butterfly pavilion...doesn't it make her look like a butterfly? I think they are the coolest.

The giraffes were one of the bigger animals we took the time to see. They were beautiful, much cooler than they are usually represented.

Sydney beside some cactus in the Desert Dome.

Sydney and Kara sitting on the rock bench inside the Desert Dome. I am amazed how much this picture actually looks like it was taken in the desert!
Isaiah petting a goat at the petting zoo area (Isaiah wasn't much for pictures that day).
Sydney posing for me. Ya gotta love 4-year-olds!

The monkeys were our last stop, and it was a good shady, relaxing way to end our time at the zoo.

I usually always go to the aquarium and to see the bears, but we skipped both of those things this time in order to see some other new things. I think it would take us at least 3-4 trips to actually see everything the zoo has to offer, so maybe year by year we'll be able to see it all. But for now, this counts as a summer field trip. :)

2 comments:

Susan Kauffman said...

Fun! I love zoos. I wish we had a better one around here.
I think for vacation next summer, I'm going to take Rachael to either the Omaha zoo, or the Minnesota zoo. I haven't decided which yet.
Now that the zoo in Atlanta has their big aquarium done, I'd like to go there, but that would be a major undertaking. That one will have to wait a few more years.

marnmic said...

Fun times! Kara really looks a lot older since the last time I saw her. She's really growing. I love the pics. It looks like a fun trip. I love the aquarium best at the omaha zoo!