Saturday, July 12, 2008

Book Review: Winnie-the-Pooh

I have decided to start reviewing some of the books we are reading. I find it annoying to go to the library and check out 15 books that I think are terribly written, so I research books online first and then order them up on the web and have them waiting at the front desk for me.

Have you ever read the original Winnie-the-Pooh book? I had not, until I decided to start trying to read some chapter books to Sydney. I saw this recommended for a Kindergarten age level, and decided to try it out on her. We are still working our way through it, one chapter at a time. I think it is a fantastic book! It is really funny, and many of the things are aimed at older children or adults. Sydney picks up a few things, but because of the many words per page and very small and few pictures, she's not as interested. We are still plugging away, and she's being a good sport about it.

But if you've never read it, you should really check it out. Fantastic classic that I missed as a young child.

No comments: