Although Winnie-the-Pooh was not that successful with my almost-4 1/2-year-old daughter, she loves Frog and Toad. I have 4 of these books, which actually turned out to be 3 since I have a duplicate of one, and we took this particular one to the free movie yesterday to read while we waited (you have to get there 30 minutes beforehand at least). Anyway, we read 4 of the 5 chapters, and Sydney was captivated (even with the ads showing on the movie screen). These are simple stories. There are only small pictures, but at least one on every page, and the print is big, so the reading goes fast. I still have to explain some of the stories to Sydney, but she does really enjoy listening to them. I think these are going to be our winner chapter books for now.
3 years ago
2 comments:
I'm telling you...Henry and Mudge should be next. That is a great series of "I Can Read books" Just precious.
Rachael is totally in love with Frog and Toad too.
One of my parent's birthday gifts for her last year was to take her to Gallagher Bluedorn when there was a Frog and Toad play running there. She had a blast.
Post a Comment