Saturday, June 14, 2008

www.vegsource.com/homeschool

Well, all you homeschoolers, or those soon to be...my homeschool "mentor" has informed me of another fabulous resource for those of us who like to not pay full price for curriculum and all. This is VegSource.

If you go to the main site, you'll notice that this is mostly a board for vegetarians/vegans. However, there is a major homeschooling contingent, as they have a whole area devoted to discussing different topics, and their salesboards are basically a craigslist completely devoted to homeschooling resources! I have been checking it daily for about a week, and been constantly impressed with the amount and quality of resources that I have found available. Also, most people post their price with "ppd" after it, meaning "postage paid".

I found one item, E.D. Hirsch's What Your Kindergartner Needs to Know, for only $5 ppd. After that, I decided to post on the WTB (wanted to buy) board. I never check the WTB ads on craigslist, and basically assumed that it wouldn't get checked and no one would respond. Not only did I get a response, I got multiple responses, and the offers were cheaper than the other things I had seen posted on the FS (for sale) board. Craziness! I even got a response today for the curriculum I wanted, Hands on Homeschooling 4-Year-Old, which is sort of hard to find. Now I've gotten offers on everything I wanted.

I have also been keeping track of a lot of this curriculum on eBay, and let me tell you, it does not compare to the prices I've found on vegsource. Most of the sellers do even take PayPal, so that makes for a quick and easy transaction.

So, I'll keep you all up-to-date on how it turns out - how quickly I get my stuff in the mail and what sort of condition it's in. I'm excited! I love getting packages. :)

1 comment:

marnmic said...

I've never been called a "mentor" before. LOL
I'm so glad this site has served you well. I will have to start looking again. I go through spurts with vegsource and ebay. :-)