I love summer laundry, because the clothing is so lightweight and there is less of it (no sweaters and sweatshirts, shorts instead of jeans). I can usually get my laundry done in 3 loads instead of the 4-5 loads I have every week during the cool weather. With the kids' clothes, I wash them whenever the basket in their room gets full, which has been 2x/week this past winter. Today marks the first day in a week that I've washed their clothes because the basket just got full.
I have also loved not having to iron, or iron as much, in the summer. With Ryan teaching, it's been several pair of dress pants plus 5-6 dress shirts every week, and I usually have to set aside 45 minutes-1 hour to get it done. I can't say that I'm excited about that this summer, as his new job may require me to keep on top of the ironing all summer long...
3 years ago
2 comments:
Ironing is not at the top of my "fun things to do" list either. Unfortunately, scrubs get very wrinkly when left in the dryer for any amount of time. This precipitates the need for me to iron them so that I don't look scuzzy at work.
Summer laundry rocks! smaller, lighter clothes...less loads. Why don't we move south so we can experience this all the time?
Post a Comment