Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Mischievous Son

Oh, Isaiah. He is getting to finally coming out with some of the "boy" tricks that I've heard so much about. Example: Last week - Friday, I think - Isaiah and Sydney were in my room. They are not supposed to be in my room. Isaiah found a bottle of lotion on the side of the bed (the side closer to the wall, meaning he actually got on top of my bed and looked for something he wasn't supposed to get into), opened the lid, and squirted a bunch out all over the floor. Luckily, it was the cheap kind. I just didn't like cleaning up the mess. I made sure he knew that this kind of activity was forbidden.

Today, as I was fixing a button on Isaiah's pants so that he could wear them to playgroup...Sydney came running from my room to say that Isaiah was into something. Oh, I made sure to put the lotion away last Friday, but this time it was the IcyHot. Isaiah found the IcyHot, again on the far side of the bed, opened the lid, and squirted some out. While I was cleaning it up, I realized that my room is going to smell like IcyHot for days. That stuff will burn your nose after awhile. Anyway...evidently it wasn't clear that this kind of activity is forbidden. I reminded Isaiah that this activity is forbidden.

3 comments:

Susan Kauffman said...

Ohhh...The joys of having children...

:)

marnmic said...

I love this stuff. Our kids did some doozies too. You will look back on this and smile. It's training, you know. :-)
Then when he's older, you will be able to tell him about it. He'll get a kick out of the things he uesd to do. :-)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a wooden spoon would get your point across more firmly.