Saturday, February 16, 2008

Car Troubles

Ryan writing:

I'm driving down Interstate 80 and what should appear,
but my hood flying up and darkness and fear.

My windshild was all busted, it was such a shame,
My car hood attrocious with no one but me for the blame.

I fear I may have unlatched the car hood when I got gas,
I may have been trying to go a bit fast.

Combined with the problem of the hood latch being busted,
It let me down even though it was trusted.

When I went over to the side of the road,
A man who looked like Jesus over also did pull.

Now, the fact is he may not have been Jesus, a cigarrette he did have lit,*
But on the side window of his truck, he did have a fish.

The winecoolers in the rear of his truck he had carefully stacked,
But bungie cords to hold my hood down, he had also in back.

I'm grateful this good Samaritan for the time he did spare
I wonder how many "believers" went by me just there?

To repair my car's damages, I called around to get the best price
Who should fix it all for under $200.00 but a brother in Christ!

His body shop was in the ghettos of ghettos
But that did not stop him from helping his fellows.

The body of Christ, when it works what a thing!
The body of Christ, how great it is when it reflects the one who called it into being!


(I don't know if the guy was a Christian - he was certainly a good guy and I appreciated him greatly. I'm not saying by the above if you smoke you're not a Christian, it's just my thought that Jesus might not smoke. Admittedly, I have little biblical evidence concerning this, just my thought - what do you think?)

2 comments:

Susan Kauffman said...

I'm inclined to think that Jesus probably didn't smoke. Seeing as it is an addiction and all. I could be wrong though.
I'm confused though. Did this happen to you? Thank heaven for good samaritans!

AlreadyButNotYetResurrectedFallenMan said...

That's a pretty amaing poem there.. put it to some music!
Amen for the family of God though!