I love Christmas caroling. Although I have not been in a long time, I am hoping to be able to go with a group, or even just with our family, again someday.
Last night, a family from OCA came Christmas caroling to our house. They even caroled in parts! Usually, when you see a group of carolers, most of us are doing well to stay on the right note in the cold night air. This family of 5 sounded like a choir!
Anyway, they came to our home and caroled last year, too. Unfortunately, I missed it, as Monday night was class night. This year, I got to hear it and Ryan missed it. They did a beautiful job, and then gave us a handmade ornament for our tree and a jar of mix (last year it was soup; this year, hot cocoa).
What a wonderful way to feel appreciated!
3 years ago
1 comment:
I like caroling too! :) One of the cool things about small-town Nebraska is that we can carol in our school. Every year on the last day before the holiday break, teachers gather in the front hall to sing to the students as the enter the building. Its a lot of fun. We don't even stick to non-religious music. I think its a great way to bring Jesus into school. I think it will be one of the things I miss when I move away. :)
Post a Comment