I've been a fan of Martha Stewart for quite some time. Maybe not her as a person, or her philosophies about life necessarily, but I am definitely a fan of her tips and her vast amount of knowledge. I'm amazed that she has such a wide expanse of interests, and she seems so genuinely excited and fulfilled by each of them.
I've never really gotten the chance, until now, to be a regular Martha Stewart show watcher. Yes, I would catch it occasionally. In Forrest City, it came on at 11 a.m., and sometimes that was a good time for me, but it never stuck. Last year, it was on during Sesame Street, and sometimes I would tape it. However, it was on Fox, which we never have gotten very good reception on with our bunny ears.
This year, when I heard it was going to be on channel 6 (NBC, one of our best stations) at 1 p.m. every day, I was thrilled! This is right during nap time! So, I waited until the season premiere, and watched.
Now, I don't freak out if I can't watch it every day. But, if I'm home, and the kids are in bed, and I'm not doing anything else, I do watch it. Not all of her topics interest me (I guess my expanse of interests isn't quite as wide as hers), but I watch what I'm interested in. Most of her guests I could care less about, but once in awhile there is someone on who I know of, or care about. I love seeing the insanely expensive items she gives her audience and that she recommends as "good things". I enjoy watching her bake/cook, although most things she makes I would never attempt. Sometimes I just pick up little tips from her.
I think the thing I find so fascinating about her is her knowledge. How can one person be interested in so many animals, gardening, food, and crafts?
3 years ago
3 comments:
I don't mind Martha on occasion, but I find that she gets on my nerves a bit. For me personally, her level of "perfection" for lack of a better word, is unattainable. I tend to prefer Rachael Ray. She's funny and kind of kooky. A little off the wall and fly by the seat of your pants. That appeals to me more.
The reason Martha seems excited about everything is that she's paid to be excited. :)
I agree with Janelle! She has a whole host of employees who research the things she likes and pitches them to her for ideas for her show. . . that's my guess! I'm sorry, Joy, I think you are in the minority here among your friends. . .she comes off as a little hoity-toity, I think (is that how you spell it?) and frankly, most of us do things at home (some of which we might have learned on her show) to save money, and frankly, I don't think that's why she does it. She tries too hard to seem just like us, but she just isn't.
Don't worry, Joy, I still love you and I'll still be your friend even though you watch her show. Post any good ideas you find there here so I can keep my pride and never watch her show!
Post a Comment