Well, today was moving day (again). Ryan and I closed on our house at 3:00 p.m. and it only took about 35 minutes. We had a nice surprise at the closing table in that our loan did go through at 2.67%! We were so excited. Our mortgage will now be $15/month less than our rent was last year. Praise the Lord!!
We had an abundance of help at the storage facility. I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly how long it took. However, I am told that getting everything off the truck and into the house took about 35 minutes. I arrived when the process was at least 50% done, as I got lost on the way to our new house (see previous post). Our friends provided sloppy joes, pizza, and pop for the hard-working moving crew. They did a tremendous job.
A friend from church went to get our kids (they were being babysat by a couple of girls from church) and bring them up to the house. When the kids got here, they found their room, turned the CD player on, and started dancing around and falling on the floor. I think they were claiming the space as their own. And I had their beds put together with sheets on, so they got to sleep in their own beds again.
We are so thankful for all God has provided through this whole home-buying experience. We commit our house to Him and pray He would use it for His glory.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment