Monday, May 21, 2007

Two Favorites

My parents have mentioned many times that when I was young I always had to have two - if it was physical, I had one for each hand; if it was favorites, I just had to have two. It seems that Sydney has decided to loosen her limits with her favorite color and letter. Since Sydney was 18 months, her favorite color has been yellow. There is no denying that is still the case, but Sydney has decided to accept pink as her other favorite color. I guess she wears so much of it and decided that she likes the girly nature of it. Since last fall at about 2 1/2, Sydney's favorite letter has been "R". We have no idea how she picked it; perhaps she likes the look of a capital "R". But, since we have started regularly spelling her name, she has noticed that there is no "R". I think she wants a favorite letter that she can count on seeing regularly, so she has added "S" to her favorite letters. "R" and yellow are still far and above "S" and pink, but she will say that she now has two favorites.

No comments: