Thursday, May 03, 2007

No Glasses! Allergies?

On Tuesday, we were fortunate enough to get the last opening at Omaha EyeCare for 2:55 p.m. Sydney probably won't win any rewards for being cooperative at that appointment, but the optometrist was able to conclude that she is able to see okay. (I did ask our Dr. Andresen about her seeing a pediatric ophthalmologist, but he said there is only one in Omaha, and it was a bit of overkill for what she needed done.) She is a little bit far-sighted, which is normal for kids her age. It was an interesting experience, though, since I've never been to an eye doctor myself. :)

I was left to conclude that Sydney is possibly experiencing some allergy symptoms. I had some Claritin in my cupboard leftover from last spring and decided to give it a go. After a dose with yesterday's breakfast, Sydney spent all morning playing happily with Michael (the little boy I babysit), only coming to find me when needed. She did not complain about a headache all morning. I was able to get a prescription through the doctor in time to take it on our trip today. Sydney did say she had a headache once in the afternoon and once in the evening, but it was nothing like it has been. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Heather said...

woohoo, I'm glad you're figuring it out! I hope the claritin continues to work.