Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Don't Care Mode

Have you ever been in "don't care mode"? I get into this mindset about 3-4 weeks before we move. If you haven't been there, the general idea is that I'm just going to pack up all this stuff in a few weeks anyway, so why bother putting anything away? It will be in a different spot, totally rearranged when we get to our new place. I just don't care anymore!

Well, as you can imagine, this causes some problems. Ryan's work clothes don't get ironed, our refrigerator starts to smell, there are things laying all over the place that I just don't care to put away or don't have a place to put away. And I'm just thinking, "Only 2-3 weeks until we can move!" In my mind, I'm just putting everything away in our new house (or rather, dreaming about the spacious storage area in the basement).

If we weren't moving, I think a good cure for this would be spring cleaning. Since we are moving, I will remain productive by deciding where things will go before we actually move in.

1 comment:

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

Joy, I can totally relate! In fact, we have moved so often that after we have lived about a year somewhere I start to feel like packing up the boxes again just to sort things out. Hang in there! :)