The last time I took an economics class was in high school with Mr. Peterson (Pete) and it should have been an AP class. It was hard! That being said, I think I actually learned more in that class than this college-level one.
The textbook wasn't quite as boring as I thought it would be. There were a lot of interesting examples, although there was only a 50/50 chance that they would actually help me understand the concept being taught. I basically gave up after the third chapter (this also may have something to do with Easter weekend, having guests, and taking care of my kids).
The requirements for this class were not too strenuous - write a 2-page paper each week and then write an extra 2-page paper the final week. Even so, I wrote each of my papers on Sunday night and fluffed my way through 2 pages of economic mumbo-jumbo. I got a comment on one: "very well written".
As I have talked to my brother-in-law this week, I am very thankful that there are no tests in the accelerated program. That is just one stress that I don't need. At least I can take some time to write a paper the night before it's due.
Next week begins Management of Information Systems. The text looks interesting...we shall see.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment