Chasity and I have hit some really good garage sales together in the past, and I was looking forward to taking her out this weekend in Omaha. I was really excited when Adina told me there was an 8-family garage sale listed on craigslist. Chasity and I went over to check it out this morning, and it was totally worthless. I mean, if you are going to advertise 8 families, you've got to have something to show for it. The list included B/G infant, toddler, and kids clothes. I know there were some infant and toddler clothes, but the toddler ones were either really old (we're talking the '80's here) or stained, and all overpriced. In fact, everything was overpriced. I am so annoyed that I'm going to start composing a list of garage sale do's and don't's for publication (on my blog) later this summer. If you fellow garage-salers have anything to add, please add it in the comments section of this blog, or e-mail me.
Luckily, our morning wasn't wasted. Since the garage sale was on base, we just went to Adina's house afterwards for a playdate. The kids had fun "taking turns" on Elijah's new Cars race track.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment