Ryan and I have been working very hard this year and it's tough to go so long without a break. Ryan gets a 48-hour break every weekend, which he spends doing his lessons (creating PowerPoints and reading books) for 6 different classes. I spend my night off, Monday, taking classes. Of course we would prefer to have a break, and hopefully that will come next year.
But tonight I got a night off. The kids and I took supper to the school to eat with Ryan and his computer mentor, Phil. After supper, I mentioned that I would like to go shopping. We have been having some nice weather here and my one short-sleeved shirt that is suitable for public viewing has a stain on it (making it no longer suitable). I have been debating about what to spend that birthday money on. I guess an extra mixer bowl for my KitchenAid mixer and developing photos since 2005 will have to wait. Clothes are in demand!
Ryan went to Old Navy with me and then offered to bring the kids home and put them to bed so that I could have the rest of the night to shop. I didn't think I had that many places to go, but I remembered some places I had been wanting to visit without the kids (think "breakable"). Ryan had the Kutless CD in his car (which I took) and since the weather was nice, I rolled down the windows and cranked it up. I felt like I was in college again (since that's the only time I did that on a regular basis)! It's kind of nice to be committment-free once in awhile.
I was so thankful for a night off. I know it is a true sacrifice for Ryan, as he has had not only a long day, but a long week. I had success, too! I found several tops that I liked in unexpected stores...more on that another time.
I was so energized by my shopping trip that I came home and washed all the dishes that had been piling up for 2 days. And folded the laundry. And I still wasn't tired, so I decided to write this post, too. How rewarding.
3 years ago
1 comment:
I'm going to make sure Jeremy reads this post. . . I'm sure Ryan will inspire him :-)
Post a Comment