...you're excited about the new season of Sesame Street. Yes, fall is here again and my husband's high school begins this week (he's a teacher). And here I am at home, awaiting the arrival of Abby Cadabby. We've been waiting to meet her for at least a week, along with Elmo, Zoe, and Grover. And we got to meet her today. I was taking a shower during most of the introduction (hey, that's my only chance to take a shower!), but I did catch some other cool skits of the new season, like Law & Order: Missing Letters Unit. Wow, this was a riot, especially for an SVU fan. They imitated the characters of Detectives Munch, Stabler, & Benson with perfection, and also their Captain Cragen. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen on Sesame Street.
Of course, Sydney's favorite part was Elmo's World, in which he talked about friends. It was pretty cool as all his Sesame Street friends joined him around the piano to sing the closing "Friends Song". :)
So, do I envy working mothers for getting to talk about their work at social functions instead of what's new in kids' television programming? Sometimes. But I wouldn't trade it for watching Sydney learn new things everyday.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment